Facts, Answers, Qt3.14s
- What file types aren't allowed?
- .scr, .exe, and .cpl are blacklisted. Everything else is fair game.
- Banned Content
- Do not upload: Child pornography (Loli/Shota: Okay), viruses/malware, or anything else that makes you go "should I really upload this?".
- If you're uploading CD Gens, Cracks, etc, encrypt the archive BEFORE UPLOADING, or it will be detected as a virus by most AVs, and will get deleted because Google shitfits about that kind of stuff.
- But what if I really wanna upload malware?
- The file is going to be deleted, and you're going to get banned.
- Are you a pomf.se clone?
- Yes/No. The site is based around pomf's "simple sharing" aspect, but no code comes from pomf.
- Are you (F)(L)OSS?
- Why don't you release your source?
- Because there's so much dirty code I wouldn't be proud of publishing.
- Can I have the cute girls in the bottom right of the screen?
- Here are the vectors themselves, and here are the source images (missing like three).
- ShareX code?
- Why are my .html/.php/.ht* files being served as plain text?
- Throughout the entire month of November 2016 I had a massive amount of phishing pages being uploaded. CSP would not have fixed the way they were phishing.
- What information is kept on users?
- Your IP address is stored with your account. You shouldn't think it's private information anyways.
- Why do you need an email address?
- Because it helps if I ever need to contact you. You don't need to put in a real email. I never validate them - you'll just miss out on my love letters!
- Why do you need to keep my IP address?
- For security purposes. IP addresses are kept with accounts in the database, and normal access logs are wiped monthly.
- What happens if my file receives a DMCA claim/removal request?
- If you file is actually copyright infringing, it's going to get deleted. I have the sole discretion of determining that.
- protip for avoiding your file getting reported: don't post the link publicly, like on a forum.
If you have any other questions, email me.