- Click here to download the easy setup file if you're running ShareX 11.5 or greater.
- Click here to see the ShareX config if you're running a version less than 11.5.
- You can install the latest Chrome/Vivaldi Extension by clicking here (Ver. 1.0.1).
- You can download the latest Firefox Extension here (Ver. 1.0.1).
- This extension adds a context menu button on images, videos, and audio for quick saving/rehosting to catbox.moe.
- Depending on bugs and feature additions, there might be changes often.
- You can view the "source" by opening the file with your favorite archive file tool.
- To install, just drag and drop the file into about:addons for Firefox. Chrome's extension is hosted from the Chrome Webstore.
- After installation, be sure to check the options menu.
- The API is located at https://catbox.moe/user/api.php
- There are 8 different "request types" that are valid to the Catbox API. 3 of them are for files, the other 5 are for albums.
- Italicized arguments are optional. Obviously the actual order of the variables doesn't matter, but for sensiblity you should keep them as so.
- File uploads
- Note: for anonymous uploads, simply don't supply a userhash.
- File Uploads
reqtype="fileupload" userhash="####" fileToUpload=(file data here)
- URL Uploads
reqtype="urlupload" userhash="####" url="http://i.imgur.com/aksF5Gk.jpg"
- Deleting Files
- Deleting Files
reqtype="deletefiles" userhash="####" filesToDelete="eh871k.png d9pove.gif"
- Album Management
- For an anonymous album, don't give a userhash. Albums created anonymously CANNOT be edited or deleted.
- Albums are currently limited to 500 files. This may be removed in the future.
- Creating an album
reqtype="createalbum" userhash="####" title="Title Here" desc="Description Here" files="8ce67f.jpg f51d7d.jpg 65ea43.jpg"
- The files argument should be SINGLE SPACE SEPARATED FILES which exist on Catbox.
- Duplicate file entries in the file argument will be removed, but please don't do that anyway.
- Editing an album
reqtype="editalbum" userhash="####" short="pd412w" title="Title Here" desc="Description Here" files="8ce67f.jpg f51d7d.jpg 65ea43.jpg"
- EDITALBUM IS A VERY POWERFUL REQUEST TYPE. You MUST supply every argument, or else it will be taken as "". Think of it as a direct input.
- The "short" is the 6 alphanumeric characters in the url that's generated.
- If you want to easily add or remove files, use the following two request types.
- Adding files to an album
reqtype="addtoalbum" userhash="####" short="pd412w" files="8ce67f.jpg f51d7d.jpg 65ea43.jpg"
- Removing files from an album
reqtype="removefromalbum" userhash="####" short="pd412w" files="8ce67f.jpg f51d7d.jpg 65ea43.jpg"
- Deleting an album
reqtype="deletealbum" userhash="####" short="pd412w"
- cURL to API
- If you want to make curl requests to the API, here are examples of both.
curl -F "reqtype=urlupload" -F "userhash=####" -F "url=https://files.catbox.moe/174bac.jpg" https://catbox.moe/user/api.php
curl -F "reqtype=fileupload" -F "userhash=####" -F "fileToUploadfirstname.lastname@example.org" https://catbox.moe/user/api.php
If you have any questions or have created something, email me.